We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

donderdag 9 mei 2013

(en) US, WSA Ideas & Actions - General Strike 2013! By Mike Kolhoff


There comes a point where you either fight back or you make peace with being a slave. I 
can?t make peace with being a slave, so I have to fight back. I am sick of smirking tea 
party republicans, I am sick of bosses who treat free working people like servants; I am 
sick of being forced to pay more while people who are filthy rich pay little or nothing. 
I?m sick of war for profit and homeless shelters full of veterans. I?m sick of men and 
women working 40 hours a week and still having to endure the embarrassment of applying for 
food benefits to feed their families. I?m sick of a prison system that is used as a 
substitute for decent education and good jobs. ---- I don?t know how general strikes work, 
but I do know we need one. When the republican scum rammed through ?Right to Freeload? in 
Michigan, the words were on the lips of many of the workers on the capitol lawn, as well 
as: ?the leaders will never go for it?.

But the leaders aren?t the ones who go on strike; WE are. Union, non-union, full-time, 
part-time, permanent, temporary, we are the working class. We are the people who do what 
needs to be done.

I know one person can?t ?call? a general strike; but let?s strike anyway.

DEMANDS:

Nationwide Right-to Organize law with card-count recognition

Nationwide living wage law

30 hour work week with hourly rate adjustment (30 hours work for 40 hours pay)

Nationwide public works program aimed at young workers

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten