We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

zondag 1 oktober 2017

It's as if I don't exist

Friends, we thought you would be interested in this petition from our partners at Action LGBTQ avec les Immigrant.e.s et les Réfugié.e.s (AGIR). The petition is being hosted in partnership with Care2 on their website.
Dear friends,
After leaving my home in Tunisia for Canada, I thought life would be so much better. In Tunisia, being transgender can get you ridiculed, beaten, or arrested. But here in Quebec, I find myself still living in fear of discrimination and violence.
Quebec is the only province in Canada that won't let transgender people like me change their name or gender until they're accepted as a Canadian citizen, which can take up to 7 years.
Whenever I pick up mail from the post office or take out money from the bank, I'm forced to out myself and show my ID. I never know how people will react, if I'll be discriminated against or even be able to stay safe.
It's as if I don't exist. This strong and sophisticated woman isn't on my ID. Not yet, at least.
Right now, a bill is being considered by the Quebec legislator that would allow trans migrants to change the gender identity on their ID without having to wait for citizenship.
Justice for transgender migrants! SIGN TODAY
We need as much global support from people like you as we can get. As of right now, there's absolutely NO mention of transgender migrants in our government's official plan for 2018 and 2019.
These last few months of the year are our last chance to get this bill passed!
I remember when I left Tunisia, my mother asked me why I was leaving for a Western country. This incredibly painful choice had nothing to do with leaving my family and my life behind. I was hoping to find a home where I could truly be accepted and live freely as the woman I am.
With your help, I can move one step closer to that reality.
Thanks for going All Out,
Dalia Tourki
Trans migrant rights advocate

Want to support All Out's ongoing work? Our tiny team stretches every dollar to make it count.

DONATE TODAY

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten