We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

vrijdag 23 maart 2018

A chance to end Tunisia's anti-gay law

Dear friends,
My name is Mohamed. I'm a 25 year-old nurse from Tunisia and I'm facing up to 3 years in prison just because I'm gay.
It's been one of the worst experiences of my life. I was the victim of a sexual assault in my own home. I went to the police to report my attacker.
Instead of receiving the protection I desperately needed, I ended up being the one prosecuted... for being gay. This is possible only because it's a crime to be gay in Tunisia.
But now, we actually have a real chance to change this. There's a new government committee in Tunisia dedicated to ending our discriminatory laws. But they won't prioritise ending the anti-gay law unless they hear from thousands of people like you.
Tunisia: Love is not a crime! Sign now
As a result of my trial, I was suspended from my job. When my father found out about it, he started to beat me every day and has even threatened to kill me.
Fortunately, I found some help and protection at Shams, a local LGBT rights group, who are defending me in court. But this is not only about me. At least 71 people were arrested under Tunisia's anti-gay law in 2017.
NOW is the right time to act! Tunisia's new Committee on Individual Freedoms and Equality is working to repeal all discriminatory laws.
If they decide to repeal our anti-gay law, I could be saved from jail... along with countless other people who could be arrested this year.
Thanks for going All Out,
Mohamed

Want to support All Out's ongoing work? Our tiny team stretches every dollar to make it count.

DONATE TODAY

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten