We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

vrijdag 17 september 2021

#WORLD #WORLDWIDE #BRAZIL #ALLOUT #LGBT+ #Gay #News #Journal #Update - Dear, this project saved my life

 Content warning: this message references suicide.

Hello, Luc –

Acolhe LGBT+ saved my life. If I hadn't found this important project from All Out, I wouldn't be here to tell my story.

To be LGBT+ in Brazil is to be a survivor. As a bisexual black woman, I had already been subjected to hate, discrimination, and isolation for much of my life. It really took a toll on me. I had tried therapy, but it was so expensive, I had to stop going.

When the pandemic came, my mental health only got worse. I lost my job and it became impossible to find another one. I was struggling everyday to survive. I felt so hopeless. It brought me to a breaking point.

But then I found Acolhe LGBT+. Through this project from All Out, I was connected with an LGBT+-friendly therapist completely for free. She helped me find ways to cope with my anxiety and loneliness. From there, I was able to work on getting back on my feet.

If I hadn't gotten mental health care then, I would have taken my own life.

That's why I'm asking you today to please donate to support Acolhe LGBT+, so more people like me can get the help they need.

Acolhe LGBT+ saved my life. Support this incredible project. Click here to donate

I've had terrible encounters in the past with other therapists. Once, when I told a therapist that I was bisexual, they told me that I was actually just "straight and wanted attention." It ended up causing more harm than good.

But now I have a therapist who is professional and ethical, who listens to me and understands me. She is also a black woman and that made a big difference for me.

Because of this support, I'm no longer just getting by. I want to live fully and completely! Because I know that I am worthy of care.

There are so many other LGBT+ people needing this kind of care and healing here in Brazil. But All Out needs your support to keep this project funded for another year.

Please, Luc, make a donation to support Acolhe LGBT+ today.

Um abraço,
Hera Marques


SOURCES:

●︎ More info on Acolhe LGBT+
● Acolhe LGBT+ website (in Portuguese)
● Report: LGBT+ people in the pandemic – Vote LGBT, June 2021 (in Portuguese)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten