We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

maandag 31 juli 2017

DEADLINE: Hate crimes in Serbia

Dear friends –
I just talked to our partners in Serbia and they cannot believe the support All Out members have shown. Already, 551 people have donated to help provide free legal support the LGBT victims of violence and hate crimes.
This support is going to save LGBT lives in Serbia, a country wherealmost half the population think that being gay is a disease and hate crimes against LGBT people are rarely taken seriously.
More than 70% of LGBT Serbians report being harassed or abused. Many experience violence at home, at school, or in public. And too often, the perpetrators get off scot-free.
Our partners at YUCOM want to change that. But they can only do it with our support.
– Matt
Previous email:
-------------------
Dear friends,
When my father found out that I'm gay, he told me I was sick and sent me to Serbia's Military Medical center for "treatment."
After returning home unchanged, my father began to beat me regularly. For years, he made my life a living hell, because I couldn't be "cured."
But thankfully, I found a group called YUCOM (the Lawyer's Committee for Human Rights). They helped me escape the violence at home and take my father to court.
My case is still pending, but I'm hopeful. Because YUCOM has a team of passionate lawyers committed to helping LGBT people like me throughout Serbia – the only service of its kind in my country.
But without any official funding for this work, it might not continue. That's why I'm reaching out today, Luc. If enough All Out members chip in, YUCOM will be able to help at least 30 LGBT people like me.
Hate crime victims in Serbia need your help. Chip in.
Many of my gay friends have been victims of hate crimes or violence at home because of who they are or who they love. Sadly, this shouldn't be surprising, given that half of the population here in Serbia believes that being gay is a disease.
Young LGBT victims like me often have no one to reach out to. They're afraid family members, teachers, or even police will turn against them or not take their reports of violence seriously.
That's why YUCOM's work is so important. They help victims of discrimination and violence with free legal support. This work saves lives. But they can't keep up financially with all the requests for help that they're getting.
Thanks for going All Out,
Zlatko*
*I'm not using my real name, for my own protection

Want to support All Out's ongoing work? Our tiny team stretches every dollar to make it count.

DONATE TODAY

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten