We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

zaterdag 25 juni 2022

#WORLD #WORLDWIDE #AFGHANISTAN #AllOut #News #Journal #Update - #LGBTQ+ #Gay #Afghans still need your help!

 Dear friends,

A deadly earthquake just hit my country. Many lives were lost and survivors’ lives are tragically impacted making things unbearable for people like me, lesbian women, already persecuted by the Taliban.

My name is Aaban*. Just a few months ago, my girlfriend and I thought that we were going to be killed by the Taliban.

I worked in the entertainment industry and I was well known in my city. As soon as the Taliban took control, they started to look for me, and for my girlfriend. I was terrified, but I knew our only chance to survive was to flee as soon as possible. But our lives were completely destroyed, and we had nothing.

I can only email you today, because ILGA Asia helped me with the money I needed to flee my country and be safe.

But the world is quickly forgetting about our Afghan LGBT+ family that is still in danger and desperate for their lives. That's why I need to use my voice and ask for your help.

You are our last hope. Can you donate today? Just the equivalent of the cost of one dinner out will literally help save lives.

Your gift today will directly pay for organizing safe passage out of Afghanistan for at least six LGBT+ people facing the most extreme risk.

The image shows a person with their head wrapped up in a rainbow flag and reads: LGBT+ people in Afghanistan still need your help. Donate now

It was only thanks to the generosity of All Out members that we were able to survive Taliban hell on earth and access a safe shelter, food, and water. ILGA Asia managed to secure the legal documents and the tickets that were necessary for me to leave with my girlfriend. They saved our lives. I'll never forget it!

Today, All Out and ILGA Asia have partnered up again to raise the funds needed to bring to safety other LGBT+ people in dire need of help, and you can help save queer lives.

Please, donate today to help LGBT+ people leave Afghanistan.

Thanks for going All Out,Aaban (She/Her)

*I'm not using my real name for my girlfriend and my own safety.

SOURCE:●︎ LGBT+ rights in Asia: Small steps forward and big steps back – Nikkei Asia, 31 May 2022

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten