Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.
Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog
vrijdag 11 september 2026
WORLD WORLDWIDE US USA VS - New York NY - New York City NYC - The City Scoop - Friday, Sept. 11, 2026.
Friday, Sept. 11, 2026
Volunteer firefighter Dan Moynihan ran downtown on 9/11 to help rescue people fleeing the World Trade Center, Sept. 10, 2026. (Ben Fractenberg/The City Reporter)
“I’ve had 14 surgeries and procedures for illnesses, including the removal of a brain tumor. I deal with debilitating cluster headaches, chronic migraines and respiratory issues,” says Moynihan, 61. “I lost a lot of people that day, including some of my best friends. And it’s not over. We’re still dying.”
“I speak at schools and I often hear young people who are hesitant to seek eligibility,” Moynihan points out. “They’ll say something like, ‘No, that’s for you guys — you’re the heroes.’ ‘No,’ I say. ‘We fought for everyone to get covered.’”
A high near 80 and mostly sunny during the daytime. A low around 65 and mostly clear at night.
MTA 🚇
Until 4 p.m., 1 trains skip WTC Cortlandt in both directions. Find all the MTA’s planned changes and the latest delays here.
Alternate-side parking 🚙
It’s in effect today, Sept. 11.
By the way…
Lottery registration is open for free family camping with the city’s Urban Park Rangers at the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Corona Park on the nights of Sept. 25 and Oct. 9.
Sunday, Sept. 13: Join the first city-sponsored Remembrance Ruck across the Brooklyn Bridge in honor of local veterans. Free, Cadman Plaza Park, 9 a.m.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten