SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Together, we can turn words into action. If you believe in independent voices and meaningful impact

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

maandag 20 april 2015

Europe Greece New migrant shipwreck reported to the IOM !‏

That is all what I found online until now:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/another-migrant-boat-with-300-on-board-sinking-in-the-mediterranean-iom-20150420-1mpdg4.html
http://www.dpa-international.com/news/sports2/extranew-migrant-shipwreck-with-at-least-20-dead-reported-to-the-iom-a-44978255.html

"The caller said that there are over 300 people on his boat and it is already sinking (and) he has already reported fatalities, 20 at least," his colleague in Rome Federico Soda wrote in an email.
Soda said the organisation had contacted the coast guard with the coordinates for the vessels, but "they do not have the assets to conduct these rescues right now."
"The weekend incident has tied up a lot of resources," he said, referring to the latest migrant tragedy Sunday when some 700 people were feared killed after a boat capsized off Libya.
"The coast guard will probably try to redirect commercial ships to the area," he added.
The announcement came as European Union interior and foreign ministers were due to meet to discuss the latest migrant tragedies.
 
The International Organization for Migration has received information about a new migrant shipwreck with at least 20 deaths, a spokesman for the organization says.
An unidentified person called the IOM's Rome office saying that they were on a sinking boat with 300 people on board, including 20 who had already died, the official said.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten