We want to financially support activists with different opinions who fight against injustice in the world. We also need your support for this! Feel free to donate 1 euro, 2 euros or another amount of your choice. The activists really need the support to continue their activities.

SPREAD THE INFORMATION

Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages ​​are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.

Donations

Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog

woensdag 28 februari 2018

DEADLINE: Making history in Iraq

Dear friends –
Hundreds of All Out members have already chipped in to help our partners in Iraq make LGBT lives visible in a beautiful and powerful way.
With the help of 848 more people, LGBT rights group Rasan will be covering a town in Iraq with anti-discrimination murals.
These murals will let young LGBT Iraqis know that they aren't alone – that LGBT lives are beautiful, worthy of love, dignity, and safety.
– Matt
Previous email:
-------------------
Luc –
For most of my life, I thought I was alone.
My name is Ahmed.* I'm an 18-year-old transgender man and I've lived in Iraq my entire life.
When my family found out that I'm transgender, I was abused almost daily. There is so little knowledge about LGBT identities here in Iraq – they treated me like a monster.
But a group of activists here wants to change that. All Out's partner organisation Rasan is helping young LGBT people like me find safety, hope, and a better future. They saved my life by helping me leave my family's home for good.
And now, they plan to change hearts and minds throughout Iraq so more young LGBT people aren't misunderstood and abused like I was. With enough help, they're going to paint giant murals about anti-discrimination around Sulaimanyah, a city in the Kurdish region of Iraq.
Rasan already has permission from the government for the murals – they just need to funds to make it happen!
Help make history in Iraq. Donate today.
We need public education so badly. There are ZERO resources about LGBT identities available in Kurdish. There isn't any terminology to describe LGBT identities in the Kurdish language, so people resort to using offensive words instead.
One of the first steps towards ending violence and discrimination starts with education. That's why these public murals are so important to me – my family will see them, my friends, my classmates, and so many other people in my community.
But Rasan's work doesn't stop there. They also want to produce a number of short, educational films that introduce LGBT identities to the Kurdish language.
This is going to be a critical jumping-off point for conversations that must happen if we want to move away from hatred and abuse. And you can help make it happen.
By donating, you'll have exclusive access to Rasan's groundbreaking videos. All Out will also send you photos of the murals before anyone else!
Thanks for going All Out,
Ahmed
*I'm not using my real name, for my own security

Want to support All Out's ongoing work? Our tiny team stretches every dollar to make it count.

DONATE TODAY

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten