They are between 58 and 67 years old, still working and bear witness to the
impossibility of working until old age. Marie, 66, is an agent at Pôle Emploi.She talks about her retirement which is moving away and the service provided tousers which is deteriorating. ---- Khedidja Zerouali ---- Marie is an employmentcounselor and strives to support job seekers with sometimes chaotic paths, inever more degraded conditions, both for agents and for users. But above all, at66, after a choppy career, the disabled worker is exhausted. She longs only forrest but will still have to wait. ---- "My name is Marie, I am 66 years old and Ihave been working at Pôle Emploi since 2005. I have 260 job seekers that I haveto take care of on my own. I am tired.We are put under pressure on the figures and there is the despair of theunemployed that we have to manage. I see people every two or three months. I amoverwhelmed with emails. I start at 7:30 a.m. and finish at 5 p.m., and I onlytake a twenty-minute break. According to my schedule, I work from 8:15 a.m. to4:30 p.m. But I start earlier than my schedule because otherwise I can't make it,I want to do my job well.We are being pressured to make numbers. For example, we are asked to prescribe aperiod of work experience every two weeks, it's a bit like internships. Exceptthat there are few employers who want to do it, because it takes time to trainsomeone. And yet, we still have to prescribe it because the government thinksit's good.Marie, 66 years old and Pole emploi adviser. © Illustration Justine Vernier /MediapartBecause of Pôle emploi, our profession is being lost. Since we no longer have thetime to properly support job seekers, our management is increasingly pushing usto redirect applicants to services provided by the private sector. Discoveringthe Pôle emploi site, redoing a CV, writing a cover letter, supporting someone ina job application... We used to do all of this before because we had the time,but now we are systematically asked to refer to external services. I have theimpression that I no longer do my job as a professional development advisorproperly. It's sad.And in addition, private providers do not always do the job well. On writing theCV, we discussed for a long time with people, if there were periods ofunemployment, we saw how we could fill them, we highlighted their profile... Withprivate service providers, they have to do it quickly, to several, it's reallynot the same service that is delivered.I'm tired of all this and I'm not the only one, my colleagues are the same.I have been a nanny, bakery saleswoman, extra in restaurants, receptionist at aholiday center, home help, tax worker, accountant for the fire department,cashier at a gas station, adviser at Pôle Emploi.I started working at 14, including Saturdays and Sundays. I was a nanny, bakerysaleswoman, extra in restaurants when I was in high school.After I had the baccalaureate and I left for hotel and catering training, thanksto which I became a receptionist in 1976.Marie in hospitality and catering training in the 1970sThen I had my boy. In the early 1980s, I worked at the reception of a holidaycenter during the summer seasons which ran from March to October approximately.Then I had my daughter. I could not continue to work in holiday centers with mytwo children to take care of. So I became a home helper for the elderly.Since my partner was a teacher and I had two children, I could not work duringthe day so I worked at night. I spent evenings and nights with the elderly, Iwatched that they had no problem, we ate, we sometimes watched a movie together,sometimes I had to call doctors for emergencies late at night. I did that forabout two years, until the late 1980s.After home help, I replaced a person on leave in an accounting and managementdepartment for a year. I have done many jobs in my life.But it was in the early 90s that it got really complicated, I had the onset ofcancer and a lot of medical problems. All the bones in my spine have devitalized.I was recognized as a disabled worker and I had to stop for a year. Again.When I wanted to resume, my doctor forbade me a lot of the jobs I had donebefore. So I trained in IT in a specialized center for two years, but when Ileft, I couldn't find a job. Disaster.At that time, I took what I found: I did a tax replacement, then I found myselfan accountant for the firefighters, I mainly took care of their pay slips.That's when my husband and I separated. We lived in official accommodation whichhad been granted to him. So I found myself alone, without a stable job, with thechildren, and without housing. disaster againIn terms of work, I found a part-time job as a cashier at a gas station, it wasnot easy. For housing, I sent letters to get social housing, I did not get it. Wefound ourselves in completely shabby accommodation, it was very cold, it wasdamp, it was awful. So one day I told my employer that I wouldn't come, I toldthe children's school that they wouldn't come and we went, in the morning, to theHLM office. They wanted to fire me but I stayed, I kept telling them that Ineeded decent housing and, with the children, we stayed all day, until we weregiven housing. And we got it, they gave us the keys.And it was after all this journey that, finally, I passed the competitions toenter Pôle Emploi. I got it in 2005, I've been working on it since but I'm tired.When I turned 60, I was at Pôle Emploi and asked them if I could leave earlier.As I have worked for a long time, as I am a disabled worker, I thought I couldleave at 62 at the full rate. but when I asked the Carsat[Caisse d'assuranceretirement et de la santé au travail - ndlr], they told me that it was not possible.Apparently, I didn't qualify for early retirement. So, at 66, I am still workingand Carsat tells me that I have to wait until I am 67 to have full retirement.»http://cnt-ait.info/2023/02/14/vieillir-au-travail/_________________________________________A - I N F O S N E W S S E R V I C EBy, For, and About AnarchistsSend news reports to A-infos-en mailing listA-infos-en@ainfos.caSPREAD THE INFORMATION
Any information or special reports about various countries may be published with photos/videos on the world blog with bold legit source. All languages are welcome. Mail to lucschrijvers@hotmail.com.
Autobiography Luc Schrijvers Ebook €5 - Amazon
Search for an article in this Worldwide information blog
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten